Monday, November 4, 2013

This Week's Featured Collections: The Best of Our Editor's Picks!

This week we asked our editors and staff to pick their favorite collections. Here are some of their great quotes!


Art Deco Fashions
The images in this collection are elegant, with a touch of whimsy. They're so French! I used them to create business cards for a sewing business and they were on point for the industry. - M.C. Waldrep, Editor-in-Chief


Art Nouveau
On my blog, I like to use border pieces and other ornamentation to break up the copy blocks. The DoverPictura collection I turn to time and time again is Art Nouveau. With nearly 300 amazing images to choose from, I don’t think I'll run out anytime soon. But if I do, luckily Art Nouveau Second Series is available!
- Tom Flynn, Copy Chief




Dragons, Birds and Incredible Sea Creatures
[T]here is one that knocked me off my feet when I saw it for the first time—and I still think it's an amazing collection of period beauty and technique coupled with fantastic imagination. These are terrific studies of Sea Creatures and Birds, that any naturalist could appreciate—but done with remarkable attention to their application to design. Outstanding, Art Nouveau design. The Dragons are almost as convincing, and fit in beautifully with the rest. The pages themselves are pieces of art, being great inspiration to my own creative work.
- Jeff Menges, Dover Cover Designer and Occasional Art Editor


See all of our Editor's Picks here.

And don't forget...we want YOU to choose what collection you win! Is there a collection you've had saved for ages on your wishlist that you're dying to get your hands on? Would you love to be able to pick one collection spur-of-the-moment without fear of not already having a project mapped out? If so, you'll love this...

Tell us in the comments how you use DoverPictura. It could be for crafting, graphic design, or simply to enjoy the beautiful images. If we choose your comment you'll not get to choose the collection that gets added to your account, but your comment will be featured on the DoverPictura site!

So let us know- which DoverPictura collection(s) do you love and why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment